Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday, February 8th

My last post I was on top of the world. Things got a little bit shaky over the weekend and as much as I look forward to having days off of work, inactivity leads my mind to dark places sometimes. Needless to say, I've been proactive since I got home today. I had to work at the hotel and it was pretty silly. I'll say no more. I treated myself to Your Pie Tuesday special and some lemon and raspberry sorbet on the way home. Delicious.

No one from MN will believe me, but it actually gets really cold here at night! I also must point out that I do a great deal more walking here in Athens than I ever really needed to on Hamline's campus with a Weyandt about a stone's throw in any direction. I came home and wanted nothing more than a hot bath. Lately Jim and I have discovered the wonders of epsom salt. Gosh, that makes us sound like a really old couple, but the stuff is great. The hot water strangely ran out so I tried to boil a few kettles full and pour them in the tub. It didn't end up working out very well.
I spent a good chunk of time learning new songs for the final round of Athens Business Rocks. I've missed doing music so much and it feels so good to get that portion of my brain working again. I have to work all day before rehearsal tomorrow so I thought I'd get something solidified tonight.
I got a phone call from my dad tonight. He and my uncle Chris are planning on coming down here in a month! I am so excited! That is such a short time to wait compared to when I used to have to wait two or three months to see Jim last year or something. I really hope we can day-trip to Savannah or Charleston. Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment