Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Personal

I apologize to my new followers who think my blog is boring because it's all just book reviews. Here is the latest with me:

It's February and this month is full of excitement! Just this week will be my debut musical performance in Athens! Keep in mind it's nothing serious, just a cover band with Bel Jean but I'm so excited all the same! It seems ages since I've sang or done anything and I've forgotten how much I love it. I love rehearsals, practicing, getting better, and getting excited about the show! Not quite the same as HU A Cappella, but I'll take it!

February also brings Valentine's day, always a favorite. Not so much for the romance but more for the cards and candies! A whole holiday about love, sending notes, and decorating with pink hearts! I'm excited.

There is also a big show and an up and coming visit from Jim's family in a couple of weeks that is going to be awesome but I'll go more into that later.

I mostly want to write about a strange change. For those who know me well like Jim and Jessica and my family, I've gone nearly two weeks without any feelings of guilt, sadness, or any of that crap. I haven't gotten upset at all lately. Every day seems to be happy. Things that would normally set me off I seem to shake easily as of late. I'm feeling good about myself, my life, my relationships, and where I am. I have so much to be thankful for. Apart from having to work, I am doing exactly what I want every day. Even my jobs I am lucky to have. I am living where I want, reading, going out, finally making some good friends, and successfully continuing in my relationship with Jim! I was talking to him about this the other day wondering if this return to content is just a fluke. After this past year, it seems too good to be true. His thoughts were that a lot happened this past year. Graduating, moving, losing routine, stuff with my parents, all sorts of changes that I never really expressed feelings about, yet I always seemed to get upset over really superficial insignificant things instead.

I am ready to continue in this phase! My life in Athens, or my life overall, is still just beginning! There is so much yet to happen and I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment