Saturday, January 16, 2010

When are you free to take some tea with me?

Today was perfect in so many ways. It's exactly what the doctor ordered, if you read my last blog, you'll know what I mean. I had been really down in the DUMPS but the good old January thaw has brightened my spirits.
I slept in until nearly noon today, which was wonderful. I woke to see the sun shining and many people walking outside. I had heard talk of the 40 degree weather and was eager to take advantage of it. I cleaned up the apartment and made some lunch.

Aside:

Honey Mustard Tofu Salad

Brown some tofu

In a bowl mix
1TB mustard
2TB honey
1TB soy sauce
1/2 TSP minced garlic

Add sauce to tofu and mix well. Eat hot or chilled on a bed of lettuce and onions cut into rings and add roasted peanuts on top. DELICIOUS!

After lunch I decided it was time to get out and enjoy the rare treat that the winter had offered me. I went to the mail room and sent out some letters and then made my way down Snelling.

I LOVE St Anthony Park. I had been planning on chilling out at the Finnish Bistro and reading after my nice sunny walk. It felt so good to be out and enjoying the weather, I felt like I was on an adventure!

I noticed that in the St Anthony Park suites that a tea room and gift shop was open! It was called Lady Elegant's Tea Room and I immediately thought of Jessica. Just wait! Upon entry I decided it was my new favorite store! They had 80 varieties of tea! Peach, Cupid Blend, Cinnamon Raisin Sugar, Chocolate Mint, Jane Austen Blend, Lady Blue, etc etc. Tea themed stationary, Tea Room Mysteries, and MORE! I NEED to bring Jessica there sometime.

That was just the gift shop. They also serve high tea on weekends which I would love to go to sometime. They have upcoming Winter Wonderland, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, and Mystery Tea all coming up in the next few months. Oh for a time when I will have the funds to enjoy one of these special events.

www.ladyelegantstea.com

My mom met me at the tea shop and we went over to Finnish Bistro for drinks. Unfortunately, almost everywhere on the main strip closed at five.

It was a lovely day out! When the weather gets nicer I think it would be a lovely way to enjoy Saturday mornings, walking down to SAP and enjoying the library, post office, cafes, and gift shops. Let me know if you'd like to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment