Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seasonally Affected

I think I have always blogged at this time of year, or desperately have felt the urge to. Christmas and New Year’s celebrations have come and gone and what is left? Everything is left, it’s a whole new year after all! 2010 sounds promising. It is the year of my graduation and that’s supposed to be a good thing. We’ll see how everything actually turns out.
I had such wonderful holidays. I could not have even dreamed what a great time I wound up having in Kentucky and Georgia. I never wanted them to end. Change and excitement and the prospect of new friends and places to grow comfortable in are awfully appealing as I haul through my final months here at Hamline. It’s just the same as most of us felt at the end of high school. I am getting so tired of school and seeing the same people all the time doing the same things. I get a taste of a new social pattern over break and just as I grow accustomed to it, it’s time to go back.
I’m so ready for change. I’m ready to finally be in the same state as my wonderful sweetheart instead of miles away in frozen MN. I long for the spring and the romantic thrills it brings. Birthdays, commencement, Jim, Athens. I am trying to hang in there, it’s just difficult when I’m not really sure what I’m immediately looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment